Jamal Musiala Addresses Health Concerns After Seizures
Jamal Musiala has revealed he is living with “treatable absence seizures” after collapsing on the pitch for the second time in four days, but insists there is no long-term threat to his health and no plan to step away from football.
The Bayern Munich winger went down just eight minutes after coming on as a substitute in Tuesday night’s friendly against FC Heidenheim, a worrying repeat of the incident that cut short his appearance in Saturday’s game against RB Leipzig.
This time, Musiala chose to address the situation head-on.
In a detailed Instagram post, the 23-year-old Germany international said he had been diagnosed with brief, temporary absence seizures caused by a neurological dysfunction, stressing that he is under close medical supervision and has been cleared to continue playing.
“First things first, I am doing well,” he wrote, thanking supporters for the flood of messages that followed the two collapses. He explained that the seizures can trigger exactly the kind of episodes seen in the Leipzig and Heidenheim friendlies, and accepted that the scenes “might look alarming at first glance”.
For him, though, they have become “part of my everyday life”.
Musiala underlined that specialists have assured him there is “no further health risk involved”. After extensive consultations with neurologists, he said it was his “personal wish” to keep playing and “simply live my life and pursue my passion for playing football”.
“I have taken full responsibility for this decision,” he added, describing himself as “very optimistic” and “on the right track”.
He highlighted the role of FC Bayern and his inner circle, saying the club and his personal support network are “right by my side, helping me through this”, and pointed to football itself as a key part of his recovery, citing the drive to keep “chasing victories and titles” with his teammates.
Musiala also made a clear request. While he chose to explain the diagnosis publicly to ease concern and speculation, he asked for privacy from this point on, saying he wants the matter to remain within his closest circle, the club, and the medical experts.
A rising star determined to stay on the pitch, a serious condition he insists is under control, and a season ahead in which every appearance will now be watched that little bit closer.






