Tottenham's Transfer Update: Bergvall Stays, Sarr's Future Uncertain
Roberto De Zerbi has nailed at least one piece of Tottenham’s transfer puzzle to the table – and left the rest very much in play.
Bergvall going nowhere
Lucas Bergvall, heavily linked with a move away earlier in the summer, is going nowhere if De Zerbi has anything to do with it. The Italian was emphatic when asked if he could guarantee the midfielder would still be at Spurs after the window shuts on September 1.
“Lucas Bergvall, 100 per cent,” he said, without a flicker of doubt.
De Zerbi revealed the pair spoke extensively during pre-season and made it clear he sees the 18-year-old as central to his plans.
“He’s a top player with top potential player. I think now that he wants to stay and we have no problem.”
In a squad braced for late-window turbulence, Bergvall looks like one of the non-negotiables.
Sarr in the spotlight as Galatasaray push
The situation around Pape Sarr is far less settled. Brentford showed interest earlier in the summer, but the strongest push is now coming from Turkey, where Galatasaray are making a concerted effort to sign the midfielder.
Sarr reported back late for pre-season after spending time in Senegal, and De Zerbi admitted there is still uncertainty over his future.
“For Pape, he started pre-season late because he started in Senegal until first week in August, I think,” De Zerbi said. “He’s a good player. I don’t know if he stays or not. We have to analyse the situation. But he is another very, very important player.”
That last line matters. Tottenham know Sarr’s value – both on the pitch and in the market. Galatasaray are pushing, Spurs are weighing things up, and the clock is ticking towards deadline day.
Moore and the academy queue
While Sarr’s name circles the rumour mill, Mikey Moore’s is parked in a different conversation: development, not departure.
The 19-year-old winger, who spent last season on loan at Rangers, has been widely tipped for another temporary move. De Zerbi, though, sounded more focused on his growth than on his next destination.
“I am happy with Mikey Moore,” he said. “He is working well. He is a good player. I don’t know or not if he goes on loan. He has big potential for the club.”
Moore is not alone. De Zerbi namechecked Luca Williams-Barnett and Malachi Hardy as part of the same emerging wave.
“We try to find the best solution for every player we have. Also for Luca Williams-Barnett and Malachi Hardy. Big potentials. We’re proud they come from our academy.”
That pride matters at a club trying to blend big-money decisions with homegrown belief. Bergvall is locked in. Sarr stands at a crossroads. Moore and the academy talents are queuing up for a route into senior football.
Tottenham’s next moves will say plenty about which path this new era truly intends to follow.





