Arsenal's Pursuit of Kenan Yildiz Rebuffed by Spalletti
Kenan Yildiz is going nowhere. Not to London, not for €100m, not for any number Arsenal care to scribble on a cheque.
Juventus have drawn the line.
For months, the 21-year-old has sat near the top of Arsenal’s attacking wishlist, a long‑running fascination with a forward who looks built for the modern game. Last season he played 47 times across all competitions, scored 11 goals, supplied 10 assists and grew into a central figure of the Bianconeri’s attack.
That kind of output, at that age, always attracts Premier League money. Arsenal, fresh from another statement summer, were ready to test Juventus’ resolve. The answer from Turin could hardly be louder.
Spalletti shuts the door
On the eve of Juve’s league opener away to Frosinone, Luciano Spalletti walked into his press conference and addressed the noise head-on.
“I am perfectly relaxed, because dealing with Yildiz is easy for me,” he told reporters, smiling. “They can offer whatever they like, I want Yildiz here and will always put him on the field. He's a perfect lad to talk to, he's mature, and knows he doesn't need to rush anything.”
No ambiguity. No invitation to negotiate. Just a coach publicly nailing his colours to his young star.
Yildiz has earned that faith. Since arriving from Bayern Munich’s academy in 2022, he has ripped through the internal ladder at Juventus. Youth ranks? He flew past them. Senior squad? He forced his way in and helped the club lift the 2023-24 Coppa Italia.
Spalletti is convinced this is only the beginning.
“His future is already important staying at Juventus, not because there are other clubs who want to spend €100m for him,” he said when asked about the player’s valuation. “We are all convinced that we can show the total potential of Kenan, and he is a potential phenomenon of football. The fans are convinced too.”
A new symbol in Turin
Yildiz has not just become a starter. He has become a symbol.
Supporters in Turin have taken to him quickly, drawn by more than his numbers. The Turkish forward leans into the club’s history, openly admiring Alessandro Del Piero and even copying the legend’s trademark tongue‑out celebration after scoring.
That kind of connection matters at Juventus. It binds a player to the stands and makes the idea of a Premier League move feel distant, almost out of step with the story he seems intent on writing.
The club hierarchy see it the same way. They moved decisively earlier this year, tying Yildiz down to a lucrative five‑year deal and positioning him as the cornerstone of their attack for seasons to come. After a sixth‑place finish and a drop into the UEFA Europa League, Juventus cannot afford to lose their most exciting asset just as they try to rebuild.
Stability has become non‑negotiable. Yildiz is central to that plan.
Arsenal’s search goes on
Arsenal arrive at this saga from a position of strength, not desperation. They began their Premier League title defence with a commanding 3-0 win over Coventry City on Friday, a result that suggested the champions have lost none of their edge.
They have also been aggressive in the transfer market. Ezri Konsa has come in from Aston Villa, Bruno Guimaraes from Newcastle United, and Christos Tzolis from Club Brugge, all designed to deepen and sharpen Mikel Arteta’s squad.
Yet there is a clear gap on the left side of the attack. Leandro Trossard has departed, and questions linger over Gabriel Martinelli’s long‑term future at the Emirates. Yildiz, with his versatility, creativity and eye for goal, looked like the ideal solution.
The problem? Juventus have already decided he is their solution.
Arsenal can keep admiring from afar, can keep running the numbers and debating how high to push a bid. But with Spalletti publicly championing Yildiz, the player tied down on a long contract, and a fanbase already seeing him as the next great flag‑bearer, the message from Turin is unmistakable.
If the Gunners want a new attacking star to drive another title charge, they may have to look somewhere else.





